Rice Lake Report

Just got back from an awesome weekend fishing with my cousins, friend and bro-in-law....Bassin at Rice Lake, as it should be, is on fire. I don't really know the lake to well so most of the fish we caught were around docks just flipping tubes or finesse worms on a 14 ft aluminum without the help of a trolling motor. Caught a nice lunker largie flipping a white tube under a small dock which gave me a run for my money with actually wrapping the line around the docks support bars lol after a nice fight finally managed to get him out thank god for Power Pro. What a beauty it was weighed 4.3 lbs on the lip grip, took a photo and released gave me a nice splash and off it went. I will post that photo later because my cousin has it. We also caught a tone of crappie and bluegill. I am not a big fan of eating largmouth just because I like to fish them for sport not for eating but we kept a couple for the pan and fried them up and surprisingly they have a great taste to them. But here are a few pics from the trip.

HPIM0243.jpg

My cousin with his actual first bucket mouth in 7 years.

HPIM0246.jpg

Fish ready to be cleaned and fried mmm.

Edited by Fishersquige