JUNE 30TH LAKE NIPISSING REPORT

Drove up to North bay yesturday and was ready to hit the water when i noticed some storm clouds rolling in. Sure enough it hit. every 15 minutes a new small cell would come rolling in. No fishing friday for me.

I did get out early this morning.

only boat on the bay.

128192.jpg

Fished about 20 minutes and the clouds started rolling in.

128193.jpg

Sorry didnt get any pics of the rain but it sure came down for about 45 minutes. It was only about 15 degrees so it sure was cold.

With the storms last night the fishing shut right down. I stayed out until about 11am with not even a bite.

I decided to give it another try and hit the water at about 4pm. The wind was blowing pretty hard but the fishing sure did pick up from the morning.

The sun came out and the skies got a little nicer.

128189.jpg

The wind died a little bit the sun shined down and this woke the fish up.

This little guy hit a spinner bait. he did some jumping and pulled pretty good for a smaller fish.

128197.jpg

I got this walleye on a 5 inch rebel. he measured right under the 40cm slot. I thought it was a pike it fought so good. I was amazed when I got a look at it and relaized it was only a 2 pound eye!

This is the first fish I have kept so far this year for breakfast in the morning.

128190.jpg

Another 2pound smallie hit!

128191.jpg

Then i got into a new first for me. A little silver bass.(i think) Looks kind of like a rock bass crossed with a whitefish?

128194.jpg

That was it for the eve. I trolled back to the docks and took a couple pics of the sunsetting.

128196.jpg

128195.jpg

Im up here for 4 more days so I hope I get into more fish when the weather stabalizes a bit more.

I will post a report again tommorow night.

Cheers!

Edited by lunkerbasshunter

Nice fishing report!!!!!! well you did well considering the cold front conditions,and rain and wind,and i bet that breakfast was good the next morning,those are nice smallies as well,good luck next few days looking forward to your next report....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: