Harrybsfc

Carp in Owen sounds/ Georgian bay

Hi  guys I’m over from England and about to spend 2 nights in Owen sounds can anyone give me any areas near by where I may catch or find some decent size carp! Remember seeing some massive ones a few years ago when I was last here but they weren’t interested in being caught! Thanks Harry.

There are lots off the wall. MONSTERS. You can stand there and watch them.

Same for the wall in Collingwood Harbour.

14 minutes ago, Headhunter said:

I believe that he would be referring to the pier jutting out into the lake.

Happy Carp'in!

HH

Right in the channel. You will see guys chucking for salmon now. Across from the silos.

Here in Hamilton, we have a carp wall in the harbour too.  Unfortunately, they're reinforcing in now so it's fenced off.  Very sad as I don't know how long the work will take and this is an awesome time to fish it. 

But anyhow, even though the depth was over 20 feet, putting down some chum and fishing bolt rigged as you would carp fish anywhere worked a charm for us.

Good luck Harry!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• Nip south Bay

Heading up tomorrow for the weekend to stay at Bear Creek cottages for the weekend. Anyone been this time of year? We are just going to have some fun and look for some walleye. Going to be a treat to have an actual cabin to stay in for once!!! Fall is my favorite time for walleye and should be interesting as I have never fished Nip before. Let me know if you are in the know.. Dale  

in General Discussion

• carp fishing kawartha lakes/London area.

Hello, thanks for letting me join. I’m from England but I’m coming out to Canada, Ontario for 2 weeks in September. It’s not a fishing holiday but some fishing will definitely be happening. Has anyone got any advice on areas I should visit to try and catch a better carp as when I was out before caught lots of smaller ones so wanted to try and get one over 20lb! Also advice on what licences I need would be great. we are staying a few days in London, then travelling to the kawartha lakes area

in General Discussion

• Bay of Quinte Walleye?

I haven't been down to Bay of Quinte since early spring for Walleye and I was wondering how they are biting I just bought a new boat and i'm dying to get out there!!!  

in General Discussion

• Kamaniskeg Lake ( Barrys bay)

Was talking to a friend that said he fished there back in the 80s. Just wondering how the fishing was now a days. If anyone is familiar with it. Thanks

in General Discussion

• Nipissing West Bay weekend

Hey guys! Had a great weekend of fishing and camping with my son this past weekend.  We camped on an island and fished , and fished...😁. Bite was hot, we caught some good numbers of pike...not big ones but really feisty ones. Got in to some bass, but none was pic worthy. Perch was on, all weekend,  we got a few jumbos while we trolled for walleye.  Speaking about walleye...we caught good numbers of those, most of them in between 10 -16 inches. We got keepers also, 2 nice walleye, 19 and 22

in General Discussion