Pier fishing june 28th 07

nautifish

Well what a great night of perch fishing from the pier tonight. Arrived they're around 7.15pm to find this.

doverpierjune28th07.jpg

It was like a total zoo on there tonight which i absolutley hate.....lol

I wanted to take the boat out but according to the local radio station they were going to be doing work on the lift bridge so no access to cars or boats under the bridge which is why i headed for the pier.

I decided to fish in close to the beach as there were less people and not so bloody crowded...Tossed in my line and Bam! Caught this little beauty with in a few seconds.

silverbass.jpg

The bite was on for well over an hr and we had pretty much a full cooler after an hr and a half fishing. Alot of perch being pulled in right up along the pier .

Bumped into this young man also this evening dev which was great to see him again........man has he ever grown since last summer he was just a little pip squeak a yr ago....lol :lol:

kissfish.jpg

Around 9.00pm decided to pack it in and this is what we ended up with. 42 in total.

dinner1.jpg

After fishing i went crazy taking pictures of the beautiful sunset we had here in dover. Wow was it ever beautiful. I also took a short video clip which i am going to share with you.

video link>>>

http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j207/Amo...ejune28th07.flv

A few of the sunset pictures i took tonight here in port dover.

Wow it was spectacular!

ssjune07.jpg

ssindoverjune07.jpg

ssoversilverlakejune07.jpg

So in all a great night to be by the water.

Nauti! :D

Edited by nautifish

WOW!! Looks like the sky's on fire!! I'm amazed at the amount of people fishing . . . . are there no other spots in the vicinity with good access . . . . or is the fishin' just THAT good? The ONLY time crowds are seen up here like that are when the salmon come in . . . . most decent shore spots with good access have been fished out of EVERYTHING . . . . even gobies are hard to come by! The silver one you're holding . . . . silver bass? Similar to rock bass? Edible? Although I keep perch from the cold water (ice fishing) I rarely keep any, especially perch or bass when the water is warm, because of the tendency to get quite a few riddled with worms . . . . . ever run into this down in your area? How many species can be caught from that spot . . . . or is it mostly perch? It's very tempting to take a cruise down there . . . . let's see . . . if I'm lucky . . . . 5 pounds of perch fillets . . . . $60.00 for gas . . . . . naw w w w w . . . . . Joe's Fish Market is the better deal . . . about $5.99 a pound . . . . . . :Gonefishing:

WOW!! Looks like the sky's on fire!! I'm amazed at the amount of people fishing . . . . are there no other spots in the vicinity with good access . . . . or is the fishin' just THAT good? The ONLY time crowds are seen up here like that are when the salmon come in . . . . most decent shore spots with good access have been fished out of EVERYTHING . . . . even gobies are hard to come by! The silver one you're holding . . . . silver bass? Similar to rock bass? Edible? Although I keep perch from the cold water (ice fishing) I rarely keep any, especially perch or bass when the water is warm, because of the tendency to get quite a few riddled with worms . . . . . ever run into this down in your area? How many species can be caught from that spot . . . . or is it mostly perch? It's very tempting to take a cruise down there . . . . let's see . . . if I'm lucky . . . . 5 pounds of perch fillets . . . . $60.00 for gas . . . . . naw w w w w . . . . . Joe's Fish Market is the better deal . . . about $5.99 a pound . . . . . . :Gonefishing:

Good morning photo'z

Yes there are a couple of other good spots to perch fish here in dover but not many. Yes it is a silver bass and yes they are very good eating. As for worms you tend to get wormy fish more around August. The lake water is actually still pretty cool and it has probably dropped even more with the colder night temps we have just had.

As for species.Blimey Walleye,bows,browns,carp,smallies,LMbass, silver bass, pike,crappies,rockbass,sheephead,cats, big erie carp,perch of course which is what erie is famous for in our part of the world.

Mr sinns pulled in this beauty brown late April right off the very end of the pier you see in the pictures.

beautybrown.jpg

Here are some other species that have been caught off the peir this last spring.

noceeriecarp.jpg

bow.jpg

bass.jpg

catt.jpg

Nauti. ;)

Great evening on the Dover pier! Unbelievable crowd! Glad that it was a success with that many elbow to elbow it's amazing that anything can be caught.

The best hot dogs in the world are had right there at the Abour :thumbsup_anim:

Good morning pikehunter.

Actually it is not uncommon to see the pier like that when the perching is good. Actually it can get alot worse than it was last night........I have allmost come into fisty cuffs with other anglers when it gets nutzoid down there through complete ignorance. Which is why i tend to stay away from the crowds now....Nothing worse than two of you fishing side by side when some idiot comes along and butts in between the both of you then start casting over your line It infuriates me. :wallbash::D

They were in thick last night where i was fishing was not even in 2 FOW and you could see them every where and watch them take the bait. Was alot of fun. :thumbsup_anim:

As for Arbour dogs.....We like to call them death missiles. :D lol

Great report nauti! Awesome pics too. You know it's summertime when you see that many angler's down at the local piers.

There are alot if anglers on the pier through the spring and fall too cliff if the perch are running. Amazes me how quick the word gets out though........ :blink:

You can gaurentee they're will probably be another extra 100 anglers out on that peir this evening......

Me i am taking the boat out. :D

What a perch feed. Congrats and those pics of the skyline are amazing, you have quite an eye with photos.

Thanks,

1leg

Thankyou 1leg...Yup very happy with the perch. Allthough perch never lasts long in my household. Will be taking some up for my grandparents and my boy's love perch......I am trying to get stocked up for a big fish fry i am having in August. But it seems no sooner have i caught it had it cleaned its getting eaten right up.......lol....... :o

As for the photo's Thankyou i love photography. ;)