largemouth bass

uroldman

I am looking for information to help me catch some largemouth bass. I am a walleye fisherman and smallmouth bass on occasion. Don't know nothing about catching largemouth. I have booked a cabin in Sioux Narrows for 5 days in second week of August. Looking to catch a few largemouth for the first time.

Any help is welcome.

Yes, largemouth are quite plentiful around Sious Narrows and it is in Northwest Ontario. Since I live in Red Lake, Ontario, that is heading south for me. Each year at the KBI (Kenora Bass International ) ongoing bass tournament for last 15 or so years, many largemouth bass are caught and presented for weigh in. Although most of the bass are smallies, a substantial number of largemouth are included each year. I remember people like Guido and the Lidners having limits of largemouth while all the locals were catching smallies. I have given up bass tournaments since then, however fishing is still my passion as always. My wife and I would like to try this largemouth bass fishing as something different for us, always looking for new fishing experiences.

Try night fishing or deep weedlines in August. 1/8 oz jighead and 4 to 6 inch plastic worm. I like the Berkley Power worms. Blacks and purples. Spinnerbaits are good producers, and are great for covering water to locate fish.

And why does everyone need an introduction? Whatever happened to asking a question and getting an answer?

well i did give him an answer but if hes going to be a long term member on this board then we migth want to know a little bit about him...

not trying to start an arguement

Edited by bassmaster4

Thanks for the suggestions. As a new member I was not sure that there was an intro nescessary, and where does it go. For those of you interested, I live in Red Lake, Northwest Ontario, high in tourist activity with 28 lodges based out of Red Lake, mining activity is high,(home of the famous Goldcorp), fishing and hunting is great out my back yard.

We fish mostly for walleye in the summer, and several of us pursue lake trout in the winter months on snow machines.

Work with Gary Roach's Mr. Walleye Inc for the last 15 yrs, as a member of the walleye team. I used to fish lots of walleye tournaments, and KBI in Kenora. I have fished several tournaments in the US, mainly for charity, such as the camp confidence tournament in Minnesota.

I hunt just about everything I can, including pheasants in Iowa, south Dakota, waterfowl in Manitoba, Deer and Moose in Red Lake, grouse, and hunt during Archery and Gun seasons.

Hope that works as an intro, If you have any questions, I will try and answer them.