my deck project.

BFSC Kevin

so.... i just got this boat this year and after taking out a few times this year, i decided i really wanted a deck for it.

so decided i should try to make one.

looked around the house to see what i had, and i have most materials and tools.

ended up spending $30 for the carpet and adhesive, $5 for the lock and the rest (plywood, screws, cooper pipe & aluminum supports, tools), i already had, so i'll consider them free. the boat seat and pedestal is a different story. extra $110 right there.

here is the deficit

gallery_905_293_44855.jpg

and here is the beginning of the project, only used normal plywood, although probably should've went out to buy some marine grade one.

i used the jigsaw to make the hole in the wood for the door, even cut out an extra 1/4 inch so the door would lay flat/uniform with the deck, but it ended up resting on top of the deck(if that makes sense to you), but atleast that way i dont need to put in extra support for the hatch for when i step on it and not fall through.

gallery_905_293_56088.jpg

the carpet installed onto the wood with the door not in place yet, just double checking if it fits snug.

gallery_905_293_45653.jpg

here with the door installed and all ready to be put into the boat after adding a few supports...

gallery_905_293_35374.jpg

so now i have a few tackle boxes under and my deep cycle battery.

here it is, on the first voyage.

gallery_905_293_50073.jpg

gallery_905_293_75636.jpg

however, i did not touch the boat itself, i had only installed the the deck ontop of the bench, didn't want to take out the foam, nor did i have the tools or knowledge to deal with rivetting/welding or whatever to needed.

soon i'll post some pics of under the deck if anyone else wants to see to get an idea.

the deck actually has more space then it appears, it is because of the angle the picture is taken at.

hopefully this will give some people some ideas if they want to build one themselves.

happy fishing! :Gonefishing:

Edited by kevin