Strikemaster Auger - Electra Laser - Model 208

NAW

I have a question for you guys. 

One of the old timers where I work bought this auger brand new several years ago.   He doesn’t ice fish anymore, because of mobility issues.  And he is slowly selling his ice fishing gear.

He’s been telling me about this old electric auger for week, but keeps forgetting to bring it in!  He finally remember, and bought it in today.    

He told me he used to run it off a 12 volt wheelchair battery (not sure the amperage).   He figured he could punch around 50 holes before needing a charge.   The auger has only been used for 2 seasons, so it’s in really good shape.

It’s an Electra Laser – Model 208.    If you look at the newer models, they are basically the same, except they have the battery mounted directly off the side of the motor. 

I’m planning to make a battery tray for this unit and mount a battery in a similar fashion to the newer units. 

Just wondering if anyone has used the auger before?  And how well they work.

It’s a 7”. 

I threw it ok Kijiji as is for $200 on his behalf.  But I really don’t know its value.  There aren’t really any for sale right now that I can compare it to.   He thought it was worth $400, but I squashed that idea…

Any thoughts on it’s value as is?  And how much value would be added if I put the battery tray on it?

Edited by NAW

I sold a Strikemaster LazerMag Ultra (9" 33cc) last week in 4 hours...  Actually it sold in 20 minutes, the guy just needed to wait for his wife to get home to drive him to my house..  He had been drinking..:P

Power augers have been selling like hot cakes this season with all the ice on Simcoe!! 

It's been great! 

I have been listing them for a fair price.  But most people have them on for nearly what a new one costs...  Of coarse they sit for weeks and weeks.   

With the warm weather, I thought this one would take longer to sell.,  But I got lucky.