Me and Snagmasteral.

Guest Johnny Bass

Guest Johnny Bass

Went fishing thursday with Snagmasteral. Went to a small Kawartha lake and were targetting pickeral. We started off jigging plactics along a weedline. His strategy is very similar to mine. Though he likes the sneak approach and I like to knock on there front door. Both patterns worked well.

He was getting hits after hits and bringing in little smallies. I was getting nothing. He asked me if I wanted what he was using, and I said I will stick with my confidence bait. A white grub.

He says, there's one and sets the hook. Fish on!! He brings in the first pickeral. 90% of the time he feels the pick ups. And calls the fish before he hooks it. I was impressed with his fishing abilities.

Me on the other hand only felt about one hit. The rest I just felt dead weight and set the hook in a hurry. Though I was using a cheapo rod.

I finally nailed a pickeral also and we were going head to head, with pickeral him, pickeral, me. We even had a double header!!!! The count was 5 for him and 5 for me.

The funny thing is that we were working an entire shore line, though we would only get hits in front of this red bush. I call it the burning bush.lol The area is only about 4 feet wide. Just comes to show you that 90% of the fish ARE in 10% of the water.

We also picked up the odd smallie(puny) and rockbass anbd one jumbo perch. Snagmaster picked up a decent smallie casting for musky with a spinner bait.

The water temp was in mid 70's and the winds were at about 20k. Though later that day the winds had picked up to 35k and we had 3 foot rollers!!It was next to impossible to work the weeds. We looked for sheltered bays and I nailed another 2 pickeral, back to back.

We continued to cover water though the winds were too much. We went back to the burning bush, I picked up another puny pickeral and we called it a day around 6pm.

Sorry no, pictures were taken since the biggest pickeral was about 14 inches.

I also had a dragon fly land on my nose. I swatted him and it attacked me!!After its 3 attack I swatted him in the water with a nice slap! They must have eyes somewhere because he eventually made his way back to the boat. Then he hovereed around us the entire time.

I'd like to thank snagmasteral for taking me out on his boat and I will definately return the favour.