Fishing Atherley

coolwater

Used to fish this area for spring perch many years ago but never fished it in the fall. Taking my grandson to Orillia for hockey tournament early November, thought I might give it a try between games but have no idea if there is any worthwhile fishing at that time. I was wondering if anyone has been there in the fall, and where to try. No boat, fishing from shore. Thanks

Shore fishing now in that area is very limited. You can still fish the fishermans dock at the park and also where the tour boat sits by the legion. I,ll bet he,ll be pleased to just enjoy fishing with you. I would say you will catch pan fish no problem.

I always looked for a place to fish when we did the travel hockey tourneys.

Good luck to him and his team.

Just wetting a line with your Grand Son can't be measured, priceless. Fish or no fish. I have to say I'm a bit jealous. Have fun snag. I now have 9 nieces, all are girly girls that won't touch a fish. One was born just the other day, I am going to try and get her on the water ASAP.

Misfish, Thanks for your reply and advice, somewhat familiar with the locations you mentioned and will give it a try. Just to sit on the shore away from the rink and talk, is well worth it.

Old Ironmaker, Agree 100% on that! Hope you have better luck with the newborn, she might surprise you.