Fall Crappie

DJGeneral

Hey guys taking a week off at the end of October

The Girlfriend and I are looking at a few airbnbs with waterfronts

I know around this time the kawartha lakes can produce great crappie fishing

the only thing is were limited to certain bodies of water due to vacancy

So far we're looking at either the otonabee river, little bald lake or stoney lake

which one of these do you guys think will produce good crappie fishing?

Ill be doing night fishing mostly while the other half is asleep! lol

Im Mostly familiar with rice lake but I cant find anything available for us to book!

Any help will be appreciated!

Edited by DJGeneral

Thanks guys ill see what happens and ill let you guys know what happens

and yes 206 fall time they come shallow to feed I have a lot of success on rice

I fish all night there in the fall up until the closing day in November when ever I get a ride that is took an uber lastweek 160$ was the damage :(

Think I might put up a post requesting a fishing buddy that drives!

Edited by DJGeneral

and yes 206 fall time they come shallow to feed I have a lot of success at the bewdley government dock on rice

I fish all night there in the fall up until the closing day in November when ever I get a ride that is took an uber lastweek 160$ was the damage :(

They bite on soft plastics or do you use minnows?

If the bite is good I usually just use a minnow on a coloured hooked preferably green or if the bite is tough I use a northland gypsi jig tipped with a minnow!

even get walleye to hit this set up last year we had two nice eyes a day before the season had closed

and yes 206 fall time they come shallow to feed I have a lot of success at the bewdley government dock on rice

Welcome to the board DJ. Good luck on your search. I would suggest not mentioning exact locations, or you will find , you will not have a spot to fish, as it will be taken over by lurkers, or those wishing to not find their own spots, but yours.

I prefer late fall crappie and first ice crappie myself. All on small micro jigs tipped with a maggot or mousie. I also use the throat of my catch. Thin slices of the silver outer flesh. ;)

Welcome to the board DJ. Good luck on your search. I would suggest not mentioning exact locations, or you will find , you will not have a spot to fish, as it will be taken over by lurkers, or those wishing to not find their own spots, but yours.

I prefer late fall crappie and first ice crappie myself. All on small micro jigs tipped with a maggot or mousie. I also use the throat of my catch. Thin slices of the silver outer flesh. ;)

Thanks for the heads up! ill be sure to be more discreet about locations when posting!

and really the throat? care to elaborate more ? lol