Results from a week on Chemong..

Rodwrap

Wed. June 13 we 'landed' at Redwing Cottages on Chemong for a weeks R&R. Eight guys & 2 kids fished Chemong & Buckhorn. We boated 3 muskies, a couple dozen Walleye, Hords of nice LM Bass, & about 6 tons of Crappie & Panfish. By Friday afternoon, we had exhausted our 2 flats of crawlers , so we went on a safari to find crawlers. Seems the ave price is $2.50 / doz. But , the fella at the baitshop in Bridgenorth sold us a flat for $40. Now, I Thought that was pretty nice of him to not poke a tourist in the butt, like he could have :worthy: Needless to say, Next year I will buy all our crawlers from him instead of hauling them clear up there.

What a stretch of weather !!! not a drop of rain till Monday..then only a few drops.

We got quite toasted with the sun ,thou. & 2 of us guys got our nipples bit ( drew tiny spots of blood !! ) by your meat eating bluegills :stretcher: while swimming!!! Don't you folks feed them things ?

My 12th year of the Kawarthas vacation...another fine trip !

Who knows what next year will bring..a lot of the guys don't want to mess with getting a passport :wallbash:

Sounds like good fishin and thanks for the report. By any chance are you a neighbor from south of the border, if so I don't believe you are allowed to bring worms across the border with you. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by yellowboat

Sounds like good fishin and thanks for the report. By any chance are you a neighbor from south of the border, if so I don't believe you are allowed to bring worms across the border with you. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Correction: I'm from south of the border and here’s the deal. You are allowed to transport live crawlers across as long as they have been cleaned, stored in store bought bedding (no dirt) and have been clean for 14days (in believe). Even with all that you have to claim them and it is still up to the discretion of border inspection if asked to look at them to make sure that they are fit to cross. Right DanC :D

Funny thing is most of the crawlers sold in bulk in our area come from Canada in the first place.

Whopper

Edited by Whopper

Thanks for the report. I have a couple of friends that are going to Chemong with their families in a couple of weeks.

I know what you mean about the passports. I haven't gone to the U.S. since they made it mandatory for Canadians to have a passport to enter. I wondered why it didn't apply to Americans coming here. Soon that'll change and everyone will need a passport to cross in either direction.

Sounds like a good trip, that's a lot of live bait though! Do you not use artificial lures?

As far as the vampire bluegills, they sell a product to keep your nipples protected. I think it is call the Manzier or Bro! :lol:

Good fishing,

Tony

Yes on the crawlers...no dirt..must be in bedding.

in 12 years of crossing, We've never had a hint of a problem crossing either way...except the first time I took my 10 yr. old. The gal at the booth going into Canada asked for a NOTORIZED permission slip from my wife to take the kid across...after a little hesitation, she let us go...lesson learned.

Since then, I've never been asked for anything more than a photo ID :rolleyes:

Yes on the crawlers...no dirt..must be in bedding.

in 12 years of crossing, We've never had a hint of a problem crossing either way...except the first time I took my 10 yr. old. The gal at the booth going into Canada asked for a NOTORIZED permission slip from my wife to take the kid across...after a little hesitation, she let us go...lesson learned.

Since then, I've never been asked for anything more than a photo ID :rolleyes:

Rodwrap been going over for thirty years and never had a problem with the crawlers until last year, complied with the rules and still got crawlers rejected for the first time ever. Had to take them back a dumped them (Pigeon Crossing), made a call to DanC and walla new flat of worms and on our way