Lac Seul - crown land camping

big guy

Has anyone camped on Lac Seul, utilizing crown land? I've been trying to find info on it, looking at maps of access points etc and came across some posts that said camping on the lake is prohibited except at resorts that offer it. Perhaps the limitation is for non-residents only?

Thanks for any info

OK, good. I thought so, but just wanted to make sure there weren't special regulations in place. Thanks for the replies guys.

Now, what about access points? There's a place called Deception Point or something like that, on the east end, or would it be better putting in at a resort so the vehicles are in a parking lot and not left alone someplace?

I've camped crown land all my life, it's the best way to go, but a trip like this, going in blind, will take some serious planning, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

OK, good. I thought so, but just wanted to make sure there weren't special regulations in place. Thanks for the replies guys.

Now, what about access points? There's a place called Deception Point or something like that, on the east end, or would it be better putting in at a resort so the vehicles are in a parking lot and not left alone someplace?

I've camped crown land all my life, it's the best way to go, but a trip like this, going in blind, will take some serious planning, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

It's just my preference but I'd be looking at the Westside aka Ear Falls.

It's just my preference but I'd be looking at the Westside aka Ear Falls.

Is that because it's closer to where you live? I will be coming from down Kawartha Lakes way, so was thinking of the Sioux Lookout area as a starting point. A bit "smaller" water at that end as well, more narrow channels and bays.

Is that because it's closer to where you live? I will be coming from down Kawartha Lakes way, so was thinking of the Sioux Lookout area as a starting point. A bit "smaller" water at that end as well, more narrow channels and bays.

No, I just like the area and fishing better...BUT....

Enter through souix lookout is great too! The fishing is great all over lac seul, so I wouldn't blame ya one bit for saving time and taking that route

Either of the two, major benefits are your close to necessities if needed, etc.

Lac Seul is a great fishery for sure, but there any almost countless options when it comes to crown land camping and great fishing.

If you have a couple years to research you will find lots of options.

Lots of easy access spots & several other not so easy options.

It's almost a local joke when people talk about their secret lake,everybody has at least one!