Fishing at Kelso Conservation Area

Randy

A friend of mine, who is new to fishing, is going to take his kids to Kelso for some fishing. They are new to fishing and I am not familiar with the area so I thought that maybe someone here could provide some tips on fishing Kelso Lake that I can pass on to him so that their first foray into fishing isn't a disaster.

Your help is appreciated.

They should be able to get some panfish fishing from shore. If you tell him to cross over the dam and fish at that end of the lake it is usually decent. But there should be panfish scattered all over. If he is going to fish the creek, it is a sanctuary from the dam downstream to the footbridge.

I don't think they stock trout there anymore but if they do it can be good fishing from the dam in the early morning and evening the week of trout opener.

Tony

They should be able to get some panfish fishing from shore. If you tell him to cross over the dam and fish at that end of the lake it is usually decent. But there should be panfish scattered all over. If he is going to fish the creek, it is a sanctuary from the dam downstream to the footbridge.

I don't think they stock trout there anymore but if they do it can be good fishing from the dam in the early morning and evening the week of trout opener.

Tony

Thanks for the response Tony, I'll pass that along to them. I think panfish would be more than acceptable as long as they get a tug at the end of the line.