Will my big Walley plugs work on Lake St. Clair?

As above. I have only 2 Musky sized lures a huge Mepps spinner in chrome, red and gold beads with yellow hair and a large floating Rappala in perch colour. We panning on trolling with my downrigger and Dipsy rods at more than 3 MPH. I was watching Charlie Wray this AM and they were trolling between 5 and 6 MPH. Any help to us non Musky guys will help. I really don't want to fork out the more than 10 bucks a plug for stuff I will never use much again.

Thanks folks ahead of time.

Johnny D

I got lots I could rent you at a reasonable rate of $5.00 a lure per hour......LOL

You would be amazed at the size of the lures they use on St. Clair...Most of what the Charter guys use is between 4 and 8 inches. I think a lot of that has to do with the 8 to 12 rod spreads and it's easier and quicker to retrieve and change smaller baits up.

Your baits will work...Hell anything will work at times. If I had the secret, I would only have 4 or 5 baits....

Not sure what constitutes a large walleye lure...but the lures we use when we go are not big at all by musky standards. Something along the size of a supershadrap, which is not a pricey bait, works just great down there. for $15 each maybe grab a couple of those...chuck em overboard and troll around 4 mph. Your downrigger/dipsey rods will be fine, my buddy uses em all the time

Johnny.

I mostly cast but I have some nice 5-6" tuff shads and other smaller Muskie baits and some trolling leaders u can borrow. I live in Cambridge right off 401 - u could pick them up on your way. I could leave them out for u and give u my address if it's real early or meet u at 401 and townline Rd exit.

PM me if interested. I can give u more details about launching...