Anyone fished in McLaughlin's Bay?

Black_Blade

The wife and I took the canoe for a paddle tonight around this bay down by the GM Corporate offices. That is some nasty looking water in that bay!! Didn't bring my rod with me...wife just wanted to paddle around a bit

I have seen people fishing the shoreline all the time, I tried it once last season with no luck. I imagine there is carp in there, but has anybody else tried this bay? Caught anything else? If nothing else, its a good place to go and practice up with the baitcaster (still learning :))

The place is LOADED with carp, but . . . . CPH & I both tried several times (sneaked through the back door of Darlington) and had ONE carp to show for about 25 to 35 pounds of chummed corn over several weeks!! Lotsa them jumping & rolling, but couldn't get 'em to eat . . . lotsa l'il panfish along the shore line . . . . looks like prime territory for pike too.

I see tons of people fishing in there when I'm walking my dog. I think they catch carp and panfish. But I have heard rumours that the pike fishing is supposed to be really good there. I think it was kemper that posted a couple years back that he go a few pike there.

I kinda figured carp would like that kinda area, but man, the water looks stagnant or something. Gonna be doing our annual setting up our tent trailer there this weekend (to do a pre-check of camping equipment for the holidays), so I will give it a try with all kinds of stuff. Will post any results.