Mercury Precision battery

boombap

My boat came with a dealer installed Mercury (yep, the outboards) Precision group 27 deep cycle battery for my 50# 12 volt trolling motor but I can't seem to find any info online about these batteries. I see no amp hours labeled only 705 ca, 200 rc, 575 cca. This leads me to believe this is a cranking battery but it's clearly labeled 'deep cycle'.

Anyone know the amp hours on this thing? Are these batteries any good? I ask because I just installed my on board charger and I want to know if I should add a second battery separately or parallel another one of these. It retails for $189 at the dealer.

200amp RC(reserve capacity) is pretty high so I would take an educated stab and say its a deep cycle. Adding another battery in parallel would virtually double the run time, depending on how hard and long you use the trolling motor.

My boat came with a dealer installed Mercury (yep, the outboards) Precision group 27 deep cycle battery for my 50# 12 volt trolling motor but I can't seem to find any info online about these batteries. I see no amp hours labeled only 705 ca, 200 rc, 575 cca. This leads me to believe this is a cranking battery but it's clearly labeled 'deep cycle'.

Anyone know the amp hours on this thing? Are these batteries any good? I ask because I just installed my on board charger and I want to know if I should add a second battery separately or parallel another one of these. It retails for $189 at the dealer.

I found this on Google:

"Reserve Capacity (RC) is the number of minutes a fully charged battery at 80 o F (26.7 o C) is discharged at 25 amps before the voltage falls below 10.5 volts. To convert Reserve Capacity (RC) to Ampere-Hours at the 25 amp rate, multiple RC by .4167. More ampere-hours (or RC) are better in every case."

If it is correct, then your battery is 83 amp hours.