Nipissing in late October

NDangler

Hey I was wondering if anyone has fished Nipissing in late October. The only week I have available to go is the 20th through the 28th. I know it probably depends a lot on the weather at that time of year but any advice or past experiences on how the fishing is at that time of year would be great. Thanks!

I was in the west arm in early October last year. We were only there for a weekend and we hit a nasty cold front. The waves were brutal and we only managed to get about 6 or 7 hours of fishing in the whole weekend which resulted in only 3 mid size pike and 1 LM bass. Because of the wind and the waves we fished mostly in sheltered bays. I am sure we would have more success if it had not been for the weather. Good luck.

THE WHOLE OF LAKE NIPISSING CLOSES ON OCTOBER 15 TH NO LINES MAY BE PUT IN THE WATER

'TIL JANUARY 1ST 2008 ,IT'S A SANCTUARY.

NEW RULES FOR 2008, THAT WERE SUPPOSED TO BE IMPLEMENTED THIS YEAR WERE ABOLISHED 'TIL 2008 . SO NEXT YEAR WE'RE GOOD 'TIL NOVEMBER .

I FISH IT DARN NEAR EVERY DAY , VERY VERY GOOD FOR BIG EYES AND PIKE AND HUGE MUSKIES.

THE BIG BASS BITE IS ON AT THAT TIME TOO BUT SLOWING DOWN.

IN THE FALL FISH GO BACK UP TRIBUTARIES LIKE THE FRENCH , STURGEON AND WASI RIVERS.

I LIVE ON NIPISSING TAKE MY WORD.

THE NEW RECORD MUSKIE WILL BE COMING OUT OF NIPISSING IN 2008 CAUSE BY THE TIME THE SEASON CLOSES THEY'RE JUST GETTING HUNGRY !! I CAN'T WAIT.

GOOD LUCK

MUSKIEMAN..

THE WHOLE OF LAKE NIPISSING CLOSES ON OCTOBER 15 TH NO LINES MAY BE PUT IN THE WATER

'TIL JANUARY 1ST 2008 ,IT'S A SANCTUARY.

NEW RULES FOR 2008, THAT WERE SUPPOSED TO BE IMPLEMENTED THIS YEAR WERE ABOLISHED 'TIL 2008 . SO NEXT YEAR WE'RE GOOD 'TIL NOVEMBER .

I FISH IT DARN NEAR EVERY DAY , VERY VERY GOOD FOR BIG EYES AND PIKE AND HUGE MUSKIES.

THE BIG BASS BITE IS ON AT THAT TIME TOO BUT SLOWING DOWN.

IN THE FALL FISH GO BACK UP TRIBUTARIES LIKE THE FRENCH , STURGEON AND WASI RIVERS.

I LIVE ON NIPISSING TAKE MY WORD.

THE NEW RECORD MUSKIE WILL BE COMING OUT OF NIPISSING IN 2008 CAUSE BY THE TIME THE SEASON CLOSES THEY'RE JUST GETTING HUNGRY !! I CAN'T WAIT.

GOOD LUCK

MUSKIEMAN..

Yes, the new regulations regarding fish species will not be in effect till the 2008 season, however the open water season will extend to November 30th (except for walleye and perch) this year 2007.

If anyone has any questions regarding regulations for Nipissing/Upper French River contact:

Scott Kaufman

Large Lake Biologist

Nipissing District

Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources

705-475-5537

Good Luck!

Jason

i got an email a couple months ago from the mnr in norhtbay telling me that the 2006 regs are ot be used for 2007 includung fall bass fishing. it clearly stated that all fishing is closed oct 15th.

just what was sent ot me maybe there has been changes since but i have not heard of them.

CHeers!

ok so I ran into an mnr boat this weekend on the waters of nipissing. they did confirm that the season for bass, pike and musky will be open until november 30th this year on lake nipissing.

Here is a link that was emailed to me tongiht expalining the details.

http://publicdocs.mnr.gov.on.ca/View.asp?D...chment_ID=25944

Cheers!