2015 recap and 2016 OFC Tournament... Ideas?

Fisherpete

Hey everyone, I will post a recap and announce the winners and category champions some time this week. Thanks to everyone who participated and contributed.

I'm looking for some fresh ideas to mix it up a bit in 2016. The tourney always starts out strong and then fades by the fall...

One idea I had is instead of teams trying to catch all species, we have individuals competing in different categories - ie :

Big'n'dirty : carp & catfish

Bassmasters : largemouth, smallmouth and WGSF (rock bass)

Toothy critters : pike, muskie, walleye

Silver streak : GL trout, NGL trout, salmon

Slabhappy : perch, crappie, sunfish

Thoughts? I'd like to have the 2016 tourney started by March 1st.

Pete

Edited by Fisherpete

Thanks for running this Pete.

My challenge I had with Brain and Chris is the species challenge.

Individuals rather then teams.

Pic must be taken of you holding said fish and with sign (yeah its a challenge. Just put the sign in your mouth).

All fish must be caught with hook and line and must be a fish that is catchable in Ontario. The 'acceptable list' would be decided on and voted on ahead of time. (Emerald shiners NO, creek chub YES, etc)

The winner is whoever catches the most species of fish. If people catch all of the species on the list, it will be the first to catch every species (within season).

The tricky part with this of course is species ID. It can be put to a vote if fish species is in question. (buggers like Red Horse and some species of sunfish can be a bugger to ID even for the best of us)

Edited by jeremy84

or, hows about each angler per team enters their biggest for each species. Tourney champ is the team that has the most inches total, all species. Now you can have team champs per specie and over all champs. It does mean that each team has to have the same number of anglers. Might require some species tweaking (not sure too many teams would be able to get a white fish per angler, for instance?).