Final Florida Report... Awesome action

PBenson

Final Florida Shark Fishing Report

So my time in Florida is coming to an end and here's the final report. Over the past week things got really good. After I got the blacktip that one night we set out the next. Right at sunset I had a big shark on that bit over my 1 foot of 100lb cable and through 500lb mono. Five minutes later as I'm putting a new leader on that rod another rod goes off. We have the shark on for 5 minutes and then lose it. Upon bringing the line in we determined that the shark straightened a 16/0 circle hook, which is crazy. We had another few runs that night but the sharks never got hooked. We went back the next night but only stayed for 2 hours because of weather.

The night after that we went out and I dropped baits far, 500 yards. At approx. 745pm a bait got picked up. After a 30 minute battle we beached a big bull shark. We were pretty pumped as this was the first one either of us have caught. The shark crossed a few lines so we packed it in after that. I didn't want to kayak in the dark if there are by,k sharks around.

The next night we got skunked. It was a bad night of fishing and I'm not sure why.

The final night (last night) we set out to a different beach. I set the rods out at 4:45pm. At 5:45pm my big rod got picked up. The shark ran for 20 seconds then nothing. I put out a full catfish and reeled in 1/8th of a catfish. Bad luck there. I set the line back out and at 9pm finally got a solid hook up. Being the last night, I was pretty pumped. After a 15 minute fight with my 50w reel I landed a big 6'5 sandbar shark. I'm pretty pumped about this one, sandbar sharks are cool looking.

All sharks were safely released with hooks removed. Check out my video below of the shark from last night. I don't know how to put pictures on here but if you go on my Instagram (@pbenson27) there are a lot.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Edited by PBenson