Need new battery

BFSC Kevin

So.. I recently changed boats, so i'm going to change batteries too.

I used to have this Nauttilus one from ctc, which was kind of huge.

But i think i will be trying to get an interstate one.

Which specific interstate ones do you guys recommend?

Smaller the better....

For me.. all I will have on it is a 12v 55lb Maxxum Minnkota trolling motor and the nav lights at night, that would be all, the ff has its own battery, the motor is a rope start.

Although i may stick in a car lighter in the boat and hook it up to the battery one day.

otherwise.. i don't think i need a big/strong/heavy battery.

when i fish, i fish probably 10 hour straight max. with using the trolling motor (at about 25%), on the old nautillis, it barely used any juice. so i assume i can downgrade on the battery a bit?

What exact model/type or whatever do you recommend for my needs?

Thanks all.

Go to a dedicated battery proprietor - you will get better advice and service. I have 2 gargantuan 31 series deep cycles that blow the pants off anything you can get at CTC or any interstate for that matter (IMO).

With batteries, smaller is generally not good.

It is not generally good to discharge a battery. Not using much juice on a 10 hour day is a good thing.

Don't skimp on your battery. You may find yourself out on a lake one day with no big motor - you don't want to run out of juice.

Personally I'd avoid Optima's like the plague, outragiously overpriced, provide less running time than deep cyle batteries at half the price from any other place. So what if you can mount the Optima battery upside down, haven't seen too many boat's buzzin around out there upside down lately.

I have access to pretty much any major brand of Batterys at my shop but prefer the Interstate. I dont care for doing paperwork on defective parts. Interstates have proved to be the most reliable brand for me to sell.

I have access to pretty much any major brand of Batterys at my shop but prefer the Interstate. I dont care for doing paperwork on defective parts. Interstates have proved to be the most reliable brand for me to sell.

same here had very few issues with interstates, since switched to ac/delco (junk) and now selling die-hards the golds are good, i have had a die hard 27 series in my boat 3 seasons now with no problems.

As for selecting your batttery get the biggest one you can fit in your battery box, never know when you may need the extra reserve capacity

i been using interstate since 2004 and would not change. great battery. i use the srm-27 battery. it has 160 rc minutes, cca 600, mca 750. look up three place where you can get them. nat's marine 725 Kronso blvd pickering. liver pool and Bayly street. 905 837 1846. or sea way marine Whitby 1606 Charles street. 905 666 9111. or pickering marine 1844 bayly st w pickering Ont. 905 837 0653 nat's is cheaper then seaway. that i know my boat came from sea way. hope that helps. battery heavy and on the large size, but you want it to last as long as possible. on one charge. happy fishing, see you on the water, walleyedreamer.