Was it windy where you are last night.

I was awoken by the blowing wind after mid night last night. I have seen it blow here on the Erie shoreline many times especially in November and all winter but nothing like this in June, ever. Windfinder reported winds from the weather buoys around here at 80K. I woke this AM to find all the patio furniture smashed to smithereens and if my NG BBQ didn't have the hose attached it would be 3 doors down. New BBQ last month looks like it did before I assembled it actually worse the lid is flat and the side burner has broken off. So that's about $1200.00 in damages. Man sometimes we can't win for loosing. I'm going to call my insurance broker, this is nuts. I pay for wind damages, we will see. A tree branch took out my patio door 4 years back, they were good about replacing it.

Rick, please PM me some money so I can go shopping. That was a new BBQ, can't even turn it into a charcoal or wood burner, which is the only real way to Q.

There was also a light show to go with the wind and rain, lasted for a few hours. My precipitation volume instrumentation otherwise known as the wheelbarrow has 8" of new water in it. The water was above my hubs on the boat trailer Ticha said when she left for work this AM. I had a scope on my one eyed snake yesterday so I slept in (OK one eyed worm). Sleep is the best pain killer and I'll tell you it was a killer pain. Good to go today.

Yup, last night from 2 AM to 3 AM a fairly big and noisy system rolled through here. A lot of wind, rain and lightning. It was a real light show! Didn't see too much damage so far though. It's quite windy out today as well.

There was a tornado watch, which is one step down from a warning I think but it was windy as hell, lightning like crazy and the rain was falling in sheets. No damage here but I had put everything away pretty well.

Sorry to hear about the damage to your stuff Ironmaker. That sucks!

Hopefully insurance steps up to the plate.

Edited by Walleye72