yes!!!! new camper

manitoubass2

Lol I would take the 6200 and run laughing maniacally all the way to the bank, but thats just me haha

Yeah, I figured as much.

I might just keep it though, I think it suits my mom( and it is a gift for her)

I just thought it was funny, that americans pull off the highway and make offers right away.

Same thing happened with our old sled

Just some things that have come to mind, while following this thread.

With the age of this trailer, I would be doing a complete inspection of the propane system. Mix up some dish wash soap and water in a spray bottle; open every window/vent in the trailer; turn the propane on and spray every connection that you can find; if there's a leak the bubbles will show you. The rubber hose between the propane tank and hard lines of the trailer; check it for any weather checking or rot. Light the cook stove, the flame should be a bluish white. If the flame is orange with some soot; there's ether dirty air bleeds in the tubes between the propane nozzles and the burners; spiders love to make nests in there. Or the propane regulator (again due to its age) might be allowing to much pressure into the system. If only for piece of mind, I would replace the regulator and hose; cheap insurance that nothing going to happen.

Before you decide to tow this thing anywhere, find out when the wheel bearings were last serviced. If its been a couple of years or your friend doesn't remember; pull them, wash, inspect or replace.

If you are going to start towing; CAA Plus with an RV package, will tow the tow vehicle and the trailer, if there's break down. It saved the beginning of a weeks camping for us. Transmission blew on the Chevy about half way to where we were going. Called CAA they hook onto the car with one truck and the trailer with another. Me and the car went to my shop; the trailer went on to the camp grounds with the family. On the way to the shop, I called the wrecking yard and asked them to deliver a transmission. Get to the shop, swap out the trans and I was at the camp grounds that night for supper. LOL

Dan.

I did the propane check yesterday dan. Great info to add in here though.

No leaks and no damage I could find. The propane system has a diagram so I was able to check everything.

Im not 100 percent sure we will be using the propane system though, at least not much(rainy days maybe)

I still have all my camping gear to haul with too so I have coleman stoves etc to cook on outdoors.

The bearings I have not checked, great idea. But if something was amiss, shouldnt I have noticed it on the hour drive home? She pulled very nice, basically not even there. No pulling or rattling. Trailer weight is pretty light, around 750 lbs naked.

Anything else you can think of to check dan?

Thanks for the help?

Most times while driving/towing, you won't feel that a bearing is about to fail until it does.

If you're not into pulling them apart to check; at least lift the wheels off the ground and give them a good hard spin. If you hear any squeaking or growling or excessive play from the hub; you'd best pull them apart and see who's asking for attention.

Dan.

Most times while driving/towing, you won't feel that a bearing is about to fail until it does.

If you're not into pulling them apart to check; at least lift the wheels off the ground and give them a good hard spin. If you hear any squeaking or growling or excessive play from the hub; you'd best pull them apart and see who's asking for attention.

Dan.

Okay I did that before I bought it. Jacked it up and the tires spun very nice.

The ender carage looks good too.

I think I will replace the hose and regulator just to be safe

It's an ammonia fridge that uses a small propane heating element, to create a high pressure side and cause the ammonia to flow through the evaperator. Check that the fridge's venting to the outside is not restricted. You could also check the heating element that it's not burnt through allowing a bigger flame then it should have. That old 72 that I had, would freeze everything inside it; until I installed a ball valve and could turn down the propane going to the heating element. It was fussy as all get out to get it set; but once set it worked pretty good.

Dan.

750 lbs?????

Are you sure. I would think it would weigh far more than that if it's built like a tank.

Im just going of the registration.

Its got no dents or anything, undercarage seems well built, thats where my comment came from.

Its not actually an army tank???

And its 17ft but that includes the frame all the way up to the hitch. So the actual inside Id say is more like 14-15ft

Edited by manitoubass2

You're probably right. I'm just remembering my parent's 18 footer that looked similar to yours. I think it was a 1972 - 1975 model year. My Dad would remember, and I think it weighed over 2000 lbs. I'll ask him. Not that it really matters. I was just curious is all.

You're probably right. I'm just remembering my parent's 18 footer that looked similar to yours. I think it was a 1972 - 1975 model year. My Dad would remember, and I think it weighed over 2000 lbs. I'll ask him. Not that it really matters. I was just curious is all.

Nah ask him, im curious as well.

Maybe i misread ill double check