Short Trip to the French

bigcreekdad

Just returned today from a shortened trip to the Wolesay Bay area. Just 2.5 days of fishing and I had to give it up due to a friggin upper respiratory virus. In that short period, weather went from mid 80's and humid Friday, to 35 degrees and very strong east winds Saturday morning...staying cold and windy all day. Even better, winds from the East. Fishing was tough, but I did land one walleye of 25", a few slot walleye, half a dozen small pike, and two bass...one just under 19". All walleye on jig and worm, and the rest split between jig/worm, and a spinner bait. While I hated leaving, I just felt like hell. However, I'll be back with my sons later this month, so I'll be doing some catch up.

BTW...a young lad in camp caught a 31" walleye while I as there....I saw the pig in the freezer...it's headed for the wall. Caught it on a jig and a plastic grub....in between two guys fishing minnows. Also, I ran into an old friend who had to leave the night I got there...he and his group did well on walleye up to 29". The French, as a walleye fishery appears to be on a comeback.

I do not understand why they would have to keep that walleye to have it mounted all they would have to do is take a few photos measure the fish and weigh it and take this info to a taxidermist to have the mount done.