Haliburton lake trout

turtle

Fished the cottage lake this weekend with a buddy. Caught 5 with maybe 2-3 lost. All down 3-4 colours leadcore (15-20 FOW) in 20-30 FOW, one on a wabler, rest on bomber minnow baits. Surface temp was 59-60F Saturday and 54F or less Sunday. Bugs were bad except on Sunday in the cold. Sunday skunked on the water.

Just wondering why you would use leadcore for fish that are that shallow? Seems like a pain to run big cumbersome gear like that when you could get away with a 1 oz weight or even a deep diving crankbait and have the same results? Just curious as I never felt the need to run leadcore, even in the summer

Yes turtle I agree as well as running a longer line when you make S turns your core will rise up & down and triggers strikes for lakers I never troll in a straight line either always doing big & small loops & turns !!!! I really like using my leadcore as well !!!! Like you said it just plain works !! While I was walleye fishing last weekend in Haliburton I did catch a laker while trolling a worm harness in about 25ft !!!!! Marked lots in that depth as well so it was nice to find out there was lakers mixed in with walleyes at that same depth ! Fish-on