fishing lures

ticass1

hey everyone i am new to this site. I don't know if this topic is what this site is for but here it goes. About 5 or maybe more years ago I went to the Carp hunting and fishing show and found some lures that a local was making. these lures have caught me more fish than i can count but over the years i have slowly been loosing them and i am down to my last 2. i was wondering if anyone whould know where i can get more. I don't have a pic because they are up at the camp but i am going up on the long weekend and will get pics of them and post them.

what they are is a plastic minnow head which is hollow, your real minnio head goes inside of the plastic one and a trebble hook which is attached to the plastic head is attached to the real minnow under the belly. these lures are excellent for troling because they dont spin and the minnow runs straight.

if anyone know the name of these or know where i can buy more it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Don

The guy that used to make them was from L'Ange-Gardien, Quebec. And no he doesn't make them anymore. He had given me a handful of them but I never really used them and I gave them to a co-worker that used them all the time for lake trout fishing.

Wolf 3, the lure he is talking about looks and works like the cutbait lure you showed there, except the head of the lure had a diving lip on it (just like a crankbait.) so it doesn't spin when trolled.

wallyboss,

Thank you for the information. I figured it had to be some kind of modified cutbait rig. Looked into it a bit more (out of curiosity) and found these "lip scull baitfish".

https://www.google.ca/search?q=lip+scull+baitfish&espv=2&biw=1280&bih=620&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=24BOVeKPLIm6yQSGroDYDA&ved=0CCsQsAQ

Looks like they are available on ebay and amazon.

Edited by Wolf 3