Motorguide XI5 and a hydrowave

mattp33

Hey guys

Haven't been around in a while, I stay away from fishing sites in the winter(its just too hard on me)

Anyways I made a change up front of the boat and took my terrova off and replaced it with an XI5 so I could link it to the lowrance units, never thought I would ever see a motorguide on the front of my boat but here I am. motor seems cool and I used my existing minn kota mounting bracket with a small modification so the motor would deploy all the way. Also you can only use 4 mount bolts on the piece that attaches to the motor itself. Plenty for me! I will post a full review once I get to test it if anyone wants.

My challenge is the XI5 doesn't have a channel in the shaft like the terrova did. Any suggestion on how I can mount the speaker or how to run the wire for the hydrowave? Its kinda like mounting a ducer on any motorguide trolling motor with elec steer.

I wonder if I could run it through the shaft and drill a small hole in the shaft at the bottom so the wire could come out? or

Just attach the wire to the shaft at the top and bottom and leave enough slack to allow it to turn and deploy but I can see problems with that setup.

Cant wait for soft water!!!!!

If u have the MK metal quick release bracket, just run your cable through the area created by the two metal plates. An OFC member shared this with me. I sandwiched a corrugated wire cover in there that the wire could slide in and then out a stopper on the wire. The wire will be loose from the shaft but it is the best option of many bad ones I researched.

I would not drill into the shaft!!!!!!

Nice TM motor btw.

• 2 weeks later...