Hearst, any you up there?

Locnar

I'll be going up to Hearst tomorrow, and staying for probably a week or so. First few days will spent the family visiting my brother... but after that I plan on hitting some ice fishing. Any news on ice conditions? Anyone from around that way and care to show me around? If so, shoot me a message.

Thanks

I used to tree plant up there for years. Sadly, Ontarios best kept secret (Miko's chip stand) was sold to new owners and the recipes for amazing hamburgers were lost (best I ever had). John's pizzeria is amazing. I recommend stopping in there for a meal or two.

Sadly I don't know about ice conditions, but if the ice is safe, check out Fushimi for Walleye and Pike. Also, if you feel comfortable driving 2 hours west, Long Lac had some of the best Walleye fishing I had ever seen a few summers ago. Can't see why it would be any different over the winter. If the river freezes over there is a nice dropoff from 6 FOW to 16 FOW that the walleye just love. Should be easy pickins.

Have fun. I miss that town.

Edited by jeremy84

Haha i tree planted up there as well... survived a bus crash and everything. I remember Hearst was a nice town, only spent a couple weekends there though, most of my weekends were spent in grody Timmins.

Thanks for the tips man, I'll make note of the names and check em out if it's safe.

Yep, I know Kristin. Went to college with her and through the crash. Her and my buddy Orrin both had messed up backs, many people sustained injuries... I managed to escape without a bruise... It may have stuffed my shoulder up a bit though, but I'm not sure whether it was the crash or wear and tear since it was my shoveling shoulder. Poor Kipper, I hope he has forgiven himself...

Edited by Locnar

I see him from time to time. Small world. Chances are we have probably met at some time. I used to visit Kristin at Fleming all the time when she went there. I knew Orrin half decently as well from when he was dating Jenn. Umm..... if you tree planted with Kyle Harbin, I know he's still in Hearst. He can probably give you some info.

Kyle Harbin... I think he was a crew boss at the Moe camp, and remember meeting him shortly after the crash. You probably met me, I've known Orrin for many many years, and he was my roommate in ghetto rez. I hung around Ryan (Noodles), Orrin, Kristin and their accompanying roommates all the time. I'm short, look native and had really long hair at the time.

I don't have any contact with Kyle, barely knew him.