Lunge Lodge

bigcreekdad

I've been fishing the lower French for 10 years or so. Last season was marked by very high water levels, even in late sumer and Fall, which I think impacted the fishing (at least that's my excuse). I used to fish the upper French out of Casa Blanca Lodge before that, and don't remember any high water issues, likely because it is above the Chaudiere dams. In any case, I've been thinking of heading to Lunge Lodge on the upper next August or September. When I fished out of Casa Blanca, Lunge Lodge looked pretty run down. However, from their website which I've followed the last couple of years it appears they are really sprucing the place up.

Has anyone one been there recently? If so, how did you like the camp, and did you have any high water issues last summer?

Steve Z and Mike Pettry run the place, I have known Mike since his birth, his dad Joe was my #1 fishing buddy and coworker from time to time. They used to go to the Lunge Lodge fishing since the 1970's. As I recall Steve and Mike had a background in the construction trade here before they took over the Lunge, I would imagine improvements continue as finances permit.

Both regularly fished bass tournaments here, and I don't see either having any trouble at all adapting to other species. A couple of straight up guys, if you have questions just call and ask?