long november days on the musky hunt

walleye_man

Rj and I have been spending our past couple of days on the water chasing those big toothy critters the roam our local waterways

with the water cooling down quick we have really had to adjust our ways of targeting these fish from burning buck tails on top of weed lines to slowly working big plastic baits off the drops of those same lines.

Our first days action starting with me loosing a big fish that ate my bait on the pause and ran straight towards the boat. By the time I was able to catch up to the fish and lock the hooks into the fish she was 15 feet from the boat and my hook set was a little less then ideal.

After a few big runs and some giant head shakes she took one more run under the boat turned the angle of the hooks and that was that :shock: :shock:

well that was definitely the lowest low of my season.

After a couple of words to my self and a couple minute sit down I was back at it, another hour passes then twitch pause twitch twitch pause BOOM

set the hook like I never have before and sank the hooks into a pissed off torpedo full of teeth

OH REDEMPTION YOU FEEL SO NICE!

1B4E3F83-A45A-458B-86D4-2DA8F36522C6_zps

And as the sun was setting we put the boat on the trailer and with a grin ear to ear all I could think about was the next day and how I could have a second chance at that fish.

Day two

With the weather calling for 45-50km gusts we decided that sleepin in a little wouldn't hurt

flicker my eyes open around 9 am look outside and not a breath of wind...

who hired this weather man anyway...

we weren't complaining the least bit, jumped in the old chev and to the launch we go!

long story short it was an absolute beautiful November day out there and after a few hours of casting the magnum dawgs i finally got that bump

not the fish we were looking for at all but a musky is a musky, Ill never complain

FBCC699A-50A3-4305-9A06-2AEAAAE44639_zps

may have a couple more days on these fish hoping to get my giant soon 8)