boat ownership and plate transfers?

ilario

The cost to you will be based on the selling price. Have the old ownership for the boat and trailer with you. Motors are exempt I believe. Bring the bill of sale with you.

Very easy to do. If transfered within the family, can be considered a gift and tax free.

Charles

At this time you won't be asked to pay tax on the boat at Service Canada if purchased privately. (just make sure you when you go to the MTO you tell them you bought the trailer only and have a receipt for it alone) I have heard you may get a letter from the guvment a long ways down the road asking for tax $$ on the boat but many simply ignore it?!!?

It was given to ya,thats all they need to know.

So I can walk in there an tell them that it was a gift and I just want to transfer it? Hmmm... are you referring to just the trailer transfer? why the hell does the Govt tax us on a small private transfer? I'm already paying a fee to have ownership trnasfered...

Conservatives, Lieberals, its all the same crap...I hear they (the Feds) just awarded the Caledonia people $125 M of our money! I was consulted, were you?

Edited by Poachers Paradise

So I can walk in there an tell them that it was a gift and I just want to transfer it? Hmmm... are you referring to just the trailer transfer? why the hell does the Govt tax us on a small private transfer? I'm already paying a fee to have ownership trnasfered...

The trailer you go to the MTO Lic,beauru (SP?) It was a gift,you pay for a new trailer plate,Thats all.

As for the boat,what size motor is on it? 9.9 under no register required,over that you will need to.Again a gift.

Dont get me started on the gov crap,it,s to close to the weekend to get upset.LOL

Let me know if the "it was a gift" works... lol

Coulda saved about $10,000 in taxes on my 3 boats that I got as gifts from "cousins" in Texas, Tennessee and Kentucky. For their birthdays I gave them large sums of cash. lol

Charles

Let me know if the "it was a gift" works... lol

Coulda saved about $10,000 in taxes on my 3 boats that I got as gifts from "cousins" in Texas, Tennessee and Kentucky. For their birthdays I gave them large sums of cash. lol

Charles

It does work chuck,if you want to give your boat as a gift to me,I,ll show ya. :whistling::thumbsup_anim: LOL