computer problem plz help(nf)

silvio

Hey guys my sis was on my computer yesterday and she messed up my resolution and color now it will not let me change my resolution and color back to high and it is stuck on low. when i get to the part were you can change it i try to move the resolution arrow on the slide to high and it will not move and my color is only at 4 bit and when you click on it the is no higher options it was running good befor she went on. can someone please help me fix this problem? my screen looks like my comput is from 1980 right now. i did a virus scan and it can out clear and i no its a problem with my resolution and color cuz when i log on it notifys me but wont go back to normal. please help me

thank you

Hey guys my sis was on my computer yesterday and she messed up my resolution and color now it will not let me change my resolution and color back to high and it is stuck on low. when i get to the part were you can change it i try to move the resolution arrow on the slide to high and it will not move and my color is only at 4 bit and when you click on it the is no higher options it was running good befor she went on. can someone please help me fix this problem? my screen looks like my comput is from 1980 right now. i did a virus scan and it can out clear and i no its a problem with my resolution and color cuz when i log on it notifys me but wont go back to normal. please help me

thank you

Is the correct monitor selected in your display settings?

Make sure that the correct monitor appears in Display properties. If the wrong monitor is selected, Windows might not use the full capabilities of your monitor, and you might be restricted in your choice of screen resolutions.

To check your monitor selection

Open Display Properties in Control Panel.

Click the Settings tab, click Advanced, and then click the Monitor tab.

The monitor that is selected for your computer is displayed under Monitor Type.

If correct monitor isn't listed, click Properties.

Click the Driver tab, and then click Update driver.

After the Hardware Update Wizard starts, click Install from a list or specific location, and then click Next.

Click Don't search. I will choose the driver to install, and then click Next. This provides a list of monitor manufacturers and models.

In Manufacturers, click the manufacturer of your monitor, and then in Models, click the model name.

If your monitor isn't listed, click (Standard monitor type) in Manufacturers, and then choose the most compatible setting for your monitor in Models.

Click Next, and then click Next again.

Note

To open Display Properties, click Start, click Control Panel, click Appearance and Themes, and then click Display.

Does selecting the correct monitor solve the problem?

If not....

Are you using the wrong driver for your display adapter?

The following procedure might require you to restart your computer.

Right-click the page displayed on your screen, and then click Print.

Follow the steps in the printed copy of the procedure.

After your computer restarts, reopen this troubleshooter and answer each question as you answered it initially.

When you reach this page again, answer the question at the bottom, and then click Next.

If the wrong driver is specified for your display adapter (video card), you might have problems installing your monitor or increasing the video resolution above 640 × 480 with 16 colors.

To find out whether a better driver is available

Click the Settings tab, click Advanced, and then click the Adapter tab.

Click Properties, click the Driver tab, and then click Update Driver.

Click Install the software automatically (Recommended). Follow the instructions in the Hardware Update Wizard to search for a better display adapter driver.

Restart your computer if you are prompted to do so.

To open Display Properties, click Start, click Control Panel, click Appearance and Themes, and then click Display.

You might be able to download an updated driver from Windows Update. To go to the Window Update Web site, click Start, point to All Programs, and then click Windows Update.

If an updated driver is available, follow the instructions for downloading the software to your computer and installing it. If the driver is not installed automatically, use the procedure above to locate and install the driver on your computer.

Does installing the correct driver for your display adapter solve the problem?

If not....

Decrease the hardware acceleration setting.

The following procedure might require you to restart your computer.

Right-click the page displayed on your screen, and then click Print.

Follow the steps in the printed copy of the procedure.

After your computer restarts, reopen this troubleshooter and answer each question as you answered it initially.

When you reach this page again, answer the question at the bottom, and then click Next.

To decrease hardware acceleration

Click the Settings tab, click Advanced, and then click the Troubleshooting tab.

Drag the Hardware acceleration slider to the left.

Click OK, and then click OK again.

Restart the computer when you are prompted to do so.

Does decreasing hardware acceleration solve the problem?

If not...

Is the BIOS for your display adapter out of date?

The BIOS for your display adapter might not allow a resolution higher than 640 × 480 with 16 colors.

Contact the display adapter manufacturer to find out whether there is an updated video BIOS for your display adapter that supports higher resolution.

Does upgrading the video BIOS solve the problem?

If not....then i woud get a new adapter.

FOTB

:Gonefishing:

Edited by fishinonthebrain

Is it XP???

Click Start, all programs, accessories, system tools, system restore.

Select a couple of days ago, unless you have downloaded something in between then and now that you wish to keep.