4 beep alarm on 2010 Merc Optimax 150

Regan Thompson

Hi All - Anyone have an Opti that can help me troubleshoot this? Just after adding more Optimax oil to my reservoir I started getting warning beeps (4 of them) every two minutes. The owners manual says this means low oil or water in gas. I'm sure it's no coincidence that it started happening after I just added oil so just wondering if it's a sensor or pressure thing? Anyone out there ever get this and/or know what to do?

Much Thanks

Fill up the remote boat tank with oil. Start the engine, remove and then remove the little cap on the engine mounted oil reservoir. Wait until oil is right at the top and then put the little cap back on. This gets all of the air out of the lines. Cycle the key and your good to go.

Four beeps can also be water in fuel. On the VST tank under the hood, their is a water seperator. You need to replace each season as well.

Fill engine mounted tank through cap. Leave cap loose and start it up, crank case pressure should start oil flowing from reservoir... when it starts leaking out of engine mounted reservoir... tighten cap.

Once the aux tank is full and you still get the alarm, probably a bad oil lever sensor. You can pull the engine side of the harness and short it out with a wire.... if the alarm goes away, you have a bad sensor.

Try these.

Edited by BillM