Fishing in the GTA

Ok I think I need a little help here. Apparently Markham has tons of carp and trout.....I however, after at least 15 trips out locally over the last month or so have found NONE. <_<

My kids are gone for the night so I'd like to head out and just fish. I also would like to actually catch something. I really don't care what. Hell some sunfish would make me happy today. Anyways does anyone have any ideas?? Place to go?? Shore fishing as I have no boat and would like to drive as little as possible or I'd make the trek to Simcoe.

:wallbash:

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance

***If you can make it to Centre Island, I would check it out. You would have to take the ferry over though $5.

There are Pike gallore in there.

The best spot is in front of the Restaurant closest to the boat rentals where the kiddy rides are. You should see a small set of rafters right in front of the water close to the small bridge/fountain.

Fish right in front of the rafters and you will get lots of hits.

You can even rent a small peddle boat (kinda pricey though) and get out into the middle.

***If you want Carp/Pike, you can go to the Ontario Place Theatre and fish right in front/sides (until security kicks you out) and along the water. You will find your way .

***You can try the Humber River/Stream right below the Old Mill Subway Station at Bloor/Old Mill. But, you would want to either fly fish, use worms or jig's cause lures arent the best but can be used.

***There is also ParkLawn Park @ Park Lawn & Lakeshore. Just look for the rock beds on the West Side Park and you will see fish as big as Dolphins jumping.

PS - Can I get a PM too for the Carp Adventure?

Good Luck

I have seen Largemouth and sunfish caught out of Toogood pond. I believe that there are carp in there as well. In understand that the Milne Resvoir is also contains carp and largemouth, I haven't fished it myself. Most of Markham's trout are migratory and are now back in Lake Ontario.

Thanks you so much everyone for all your ideas, I just wish I was able to use them last night. I didn't even get out fishing at all :(

Oh well sometimes life just does not allow us to do the things we want. Either way the kids and I are most likely doing some shore fishing at Lake Simcoe this weekend. So there ya go :)