Bass pro pro-light jacket

porkpie

Looking for some lightweight rain gear. Does anyone own this particular jacket? I have pro qualifier bibs, and they are great, but I am looking to replace an aging browning goretex jacket, and searching for something a little lighter weight than the pro-qualifier stuff. I am wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with either this jacket, or the previous generations of lightweight goretex BPS jackets. How have they held up? My current jacket is about 13 or 14 years old and has had it due to daily wear and many fishing trips. Only trouble I've ever had is it can be a touch heavy sometimes! Thanks!

well, just last week we bought my dad a new gortex jacket for his birthday.

I have the pro qualifer bibs and jacket. dad has the pro qualifer bibs.

he tried on the pro qualifer jacket and 100 mph gear jacket, and went with the 100 mph gear jacket as it was lighter....

I bought a set of BPS goretex rain gear way back in 1986. The bibs have since worn thin through the knees and thigh area, but the jacket I still use. It was the only Goretex stuff they had in the catalog at the time, and it is very lite to wear. The jacket I wear through the summer months and it still keeps me reasonably dry for an almost 30 year old product. I have never cleaned it or tried to refresh the coating, the way the instructions had suggested.

I have however purchased a second full outfit from Cabelas. Guidewear, uninsulated. I use this in the early spring and fall and find it also works well and have had no issues in the last three years other than the Velcro on the sleeve cuffs. :dunno:

Bass Pro sells Frogg Toggs rain wear. Honestly, it is so light you don't even know you're wearing it, they weigh as much as a piece of paper towel, incredible. I have a set and have sat in a hard rain for 1.5 hours and was bone dry afterward. Also very inexpensive compared to other suits. They feel like the Tyvek stuff you wrap a house with before the siding goes on, very water proof and very breathable. I would recommend you check it out.

Interestingly, I believe they are highly rated by the motorcycle community/industry as well.

Edited by big guy

I am sure that the Frogg Toggs are great I have heard nothing but positives, but I prefer Goretex material for rain gear. I have taken a chance and ordered the pro-lite jacket. Hopefully it is as reliable as my proqualifier bibs, but a little lighter!