Crappie Fishing (pun intended)

bbog

Thought I would load up the canoe (last Saturday) and take my last shot at Crappie in the shallows. Much to my horror I arrived at my favourite Kawartha lake to find the bay taken over by Carp. The Carp were jumping and splashing and frollicking and well you get the picture!! :blush: Combine this with 68.3 degree water and the Crappie were long gone.

Turned our misfortune into a nice little paddle around. The lake was very calm and a gorgeous day. Tossed the micro tube out along an open water weedbed to see what was around and lo and behold - Crappie! Nothing of any size but they were fairly predictable. Kept a dozen or so around 10 inches and released all the others.

Hooked into a number of OOS Largemouth ranging a great deal in size (of course these will be no where to find when the season opens. :dunno: Caught a number of great fighting Sunnys and Rock Bass to complete the outing. Sadly I left the camera in the car when I saw the courting Carp.

What looked to be a bad day turned out to be fantastic. I guess I'll have to travel much further North now to get my next Crappie fix. :Gonefishing: Or set my sights on a Whitefish outing to Simcoe (in a boat of course and not the canoe)

Thanks for reading and hope everyone had a great weekend.