Fishing in Temiscaming area?

Black_Blade

Just wondering if anybody has fished in past Temiscaming, was looking at Google maps and seeing the gazillion lakes along that Chemin Maniwaki. Can you get a Quebec fishing licence in Temiscaming to fish back in that area? I noticed that if you followed that road all the way down, it would end up coming out near my old stompin grounds, Swisha (Rolphton).

I grew up in Deep River and remember going on fishing trips up in the Quebec side behind the Swisha with my dad, back when it was just a sand type bridge crossing the Ottawa. Recall some really awesome fishing and camping!

I live close to the Ontario-Quebec border and do all of my ATV'ing in the ZEC's of Quebec, with the Rapides des Joachimes (Swisha) and the Dumoine ZEC's being my favorites. Too many hassles with OPP in Ontario.

Always wanted to try fishing in the ZEC's, there certainly isn't a shortage of lakes. Beautiful country!

Edited by Spanky

There is a little shack just as you turn off chemin Kipawa onto Maniwaki where you sign into the ZEC and purchase your pass etc.

ZEC Restigo is the quickest to access, but there's Maganisipi and Kipawa as well. They're all big and filled with lakes with amazing fishing potential