replacement boaters license...

Raycaster

Pulled a braindead move and forgot license at home. Is there a quick way to get a replacement? Should my name be on file to obtain a paper copy as proof until I get home in a few weeks? Might be easiest to walkin to the towns internet cafe retake the test online and print out the temp?

I usually keep in boat but was preseason cleaning etc.

I know I can order replacements but probably wont help for the next 2 weeks.

Thx ahead. Ya I know, I know... dumb move.

call the 800 number, there was a rumour that they didn't maintain a registry, maybe true at first but they seem to have it for the past several years....they will email you a temporary license you can print off, if you have printer access wherever you are, it's good for 60 days I think mine was...or if you have a smart phone where you could at least display the email (but would assume that depends on the OPP's mood that day?)

call the 800 number, there was a rumour that they didn't maintain a registry, maybe true at first but they seem to have it for the past several years....they will email you a temporary license you can print off, if you have printer access wherever you are, it's good for 60 days I think mine was...or if you have a smart phone where you could at least display the email (but would assume that depends on the OPP's mood that day?)

?????? :unsure:

What 800 #.

Each issuer has their own records. Many different organizations & companies are authorized to issue Pleasure Craft Operators Cards.Notice I said cards not licenses.

No central registry that all issuers cotribute to.

I emailed saying I had lost my card, they replied asking me to call them, they only asked for my date of birth, emailed me a temp license I could print off until my new cards arrived

BoaterExam.com

Toll Free Tel: 1.866.688.2628

Toll Free Fax: 1.866.216.7793

I emailed saying I had lost my card, they replied asking me to call them, they only asked for my date of birth, emailed me a temp license I could print off until my new cards arrived

BoaterExam.com

Toll Free Tel: 1.866.688.2628

Toll Free Fax: 1.866.216.7793

That would only work if the OP got their card from BoaterExam.

It's only one of very many places he may have got it from.

Here is an older post on same topic, this may help you.

Hello all,
I apologize for replying to thread that's been dormant for a few months.
However I wanted to let everyone know that Transport Canada now has a National Database of everyone who has received their card. It's a fairly painless process to get a new card, well a lot more so than a few years ago anyway. If you know who you took your exam with and they're still around, you may contact them and they can issue/sell you a replacement.
If you do not know who you took your exam with or if that company is no longer in business:
Call Transport Canada 1-800-267-6687
They will locate your account and who you took the exam with.
If the company is still offering the service, you will be directed to contact them.
If the company is no longer in service, Transport Canada will issue you a document which you may present to any active course provider (BOATERexam, Power Squadron, Life Saving Society, etc...) which will entitle you to purchase a replacement card from them.

In regards to keeping a photocopy or laminated photocopy as proof of certification, I'd advise against it as they're not recognized as proof. You may encounter an office who'll accept it, just as sometimes you'll get away with warning if you're speeding in your car. They can fine you if they want, but it's up to their discretion. Better to be safe than sorry and keep a card in the boat.

as confirmed on the boaterexam website, there is a database, since spring 2011...better late than never? took 10+ years since the inception of the program :wallbash:

the replacement process is actually quite simple, only costs more money lol and a few mins on the phone/email/printer...but hey, now we're all safe...