you never know what you will catch somtimes! (NF)

martymonty

While up north at the cottage I did catch somthing other than a fish, I found a 2006 Yamaha 350-Raptor ATV floating upside down by my dock. Me and my buds managed to fish it out, out of boredom ( I am no mechanic) I cleaned it up and drained the water out, I even got it going, though the carb is plugged up, I got it going by putting gas in cylinder. I called the OPP and they came down and looked at it, it was stolen in Dec. probalby went through the ice in the thaw in early March they assume. The ppl who owned it were paid out so now the insurance company owns it. Does anyone know if I have any claim to it, meaning can I charge a salvage fee? storage fee? Its been 2 weeks and I still have not been contacted by the insurance company, I am not a storage yard, its now chained to a tree by my dock. If the owner had still owned it and he wanted it I would have jsut given it to him but now the insurance company has it, jsut curious what my legal rights are. I either want them to take it pronto or make a deal with me, either way I want it gone from my shoreline!

125760.jpg

125761.jpg

125762.jpg

125763.jpg

125764.jpg

My wife has a women that works for her and her son fishes sleds out of Georgian Bay in the winter and spring. He calls the cops, gives them the serial number, he waits a certain number of days (don't know #) and they call him and tell him it's his. He's paid his way thru college doing this.

Not sure where you stand if the insurance company paid out....but I'd be coming up with a retrieval and storage bill...say around $6500 !

Nice catch!