One fish, two fish, red fish, dead fish

Gerritt

So what's you point???

VHS has been here for 7-10 yrs and that's why bait shops have had a hard time conforming to MNR regulations governing the sale of bait and many small shops have closed. Along with stricter regulations placed upon us with regards to transporting live bait...

As for the algae blooms there are several contributing factors such as phosphates and Ph level's changing due to run off.

It really does become complicated on an economic level to find the rite balance.

What I have come to believe over the past years with regards to algae blooms is that it relates to drastic changes in in the ecological cycle . In the past we saw phosphates do damage (change the Ph and now potash )...

Potash is used is used to drop the natural level of soil in order to grow more bigger better plants per acre that yield a better result. $$

It is also used in pretty much all garden soil marketed as (green) environmentally friendly.

I believe that the run off is deadly because of its effect on the Ph level of the water it runs into(run off) whether it be lake Ontario or a small lake ...

To sum this up...

Change the Ph Fish die....

Fish decompose ...

Algae moves in...

Decomposing fish brings on disease ...

The new disease fish have to cope with is ???

VHS

They bleed from the inside out. If they do manage to live I have been told that they are infertile ?

Don.

So what's you point???

VHS has been here for 7-10 yrs and that's why bait shops have had a hard time conforming to MNR regulations governing the sale of bait and many small shops have closed. Along with stricter regulations placed upon us with regards to transporting live bait...

As for the algae blooms there are several contributing factors such as phosphates and Ph level's changing due to run off.

It really does become complicated on an economic level to find the rite balance.

What I have come to believe over the past years with regards to algae blooms is that it relates to drastic changes in in the ecological cycle . In the past we saw phosphates do damage (change the Ph and now potash )...

Potash is used is used to drop the natural level of soil in order to grow more bigger better plants per acre that yield a better result. $$

It is also used in pretty much all garden soil marketed as (green) environmentally friendly.

I believe that the run off is deadly because of its effect on the Ph level of the water it runs into(run off) whether it be lake Ontario or a small lake ...

To sum this up...

Change the Ph Fish die....

Fish decompose ...

Algae moves in...

Decomposing fish brings on disease ...

The new disease fish have to cope with is ???

VHS

They bleed from the inside out. If they do manage to live I have been told that they are infertile ?

Don.

Given the large fish kill this spring.... Yeah it matters in these parts anyways.

G

The algae blooms and die offs are nothing but a symptom of a bigger problem.

This is something that needs research .

I am no scientist but I and all of us have seen the damage of the past and whenever new products are introduced into the ecological cycle it traditionally has a negative outcome.

Just something to think about for all those reading.

I don't have the answer's.

Don :dunno: