A day of short takes

So Chris K and I meet up to go flyfishing for brookies on Wednesday. Water levels look great and temps are just getting to the range where the brookies are going to start disappearing. Meet up time comes and Chris still hasn't showed up so I decide to fish around the bridge so he can see I'm there when he does show up. I have a couple fish take the tail end of my buggers right away but can't get them to commit. I'm using my 4wt bamboo to chuck and duck when the true meaning becomes clear when I crang myself with the streamer in the back of my head.

Chris shows up and I suggest that he uses something small and light in colour to see if the fish I missed would show some interest.

DSC01895_zpsb065173f.jpg

The day was bright and sunny and we missed a lot of fish on short takes. Chris figured it was due to the lack of cloud cover and I'm going to have to agree with him. He's a dedicated young angler who really enjoys fishing and it was nice to hear him say that he likes using his 5wt glass rod because he likes the gentler presentation. A man after my own heart. We caught a few fish but missed our chance at all the good ones including right at the end when we had a double header and I lost the best fish of the day at our feet.

DSC01896_zps6402495d.jpg

DSC01897_zps1a8b077f.jpg

DSC01898_zps2fb2934f.jpg

DSC01899_zps5ab16043.jpg

Overall it was an enjoyable outing Chris is fun to fish with I just wish the fish would have been a little more co-operative.