Boat needs a new floor

bass_man

Hi Guys, I am going to inherit a 16 foot Silvan bow rider with the split front windshield that we have been fishing out of for the past 16 years. It's free because it needs a new floor and motor.

Too old and fat to do the floor my self, does anyone here do this kind of thing either as a hobby or professionally, and can anyone venture a guess as to what the cost may be to the nearest $500.00 that would be enough to help me to figure out if I even want to take it on.

Painted plywood or rubber mat would be fine for me, carpet only if it's necessary. Really want aluminium checker plate but I know I cant afford that.

It will probably come in late summer so no time table for getting it done. Next spring would be good though.

If I do get the floor done I will be looking for a 40 to 90hp 2 stroke with controls later to put on it. If you are planning to upgrade and you have got something you think will work keep me in mind.

If my 16ft fiberglass doesn't sell I'll probably just swap the Yamaha from that to this one. So far everyone who called from the add thinks the correct price for the package is FREE, but only if I include a lifetime warranty.

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Jim

Its hard to come up with a price until the old floor is out.

It could only cost 400$ but I doubt that.

It would probably be closer to 1000$ including tear out /fixing sub frame and new install of floor.

Materials./ labour

5/8 marine ply wood 240$ +/-

supplies /adhesives/screws? rivets? 80 +/-

Labour demo and install 30$hr(cheep) 12hrs 360 +/-

fixing wear and tear under the floor

I.E structural /alterations ????? (wild card) 200 +/-

_____

880$

Thanks guys, $700.00 to $800.00 sounds almost free to me and the boat is defiantly worth that. I was worried it would be a couple of grand, add that to the cost of a decent 2 stroke and it may have been more than the boat was worth.

Once my son in law gets his motor off I will defiantly drag it down here and if its OK I'll PM you guys to see if you want the job.

Ryan, did you do that yourself? Good job bud, looks great.

Zamboniwaterboy, I see you are in Brantford, who and where are J and J marine?

Jim

Thanks guys, $700.00 to $800.00 sounds almost free to me and the boat is defiantly worth that. I was worried it would be a couple of grand, add that to the cost of a decent 2 stroke and it may have been more than the boat was worth.

Once my son in law gets his motor off I will defiantly drag it down here and if its OK I'll PM you guys to see if you want the job.

Ryan, did you do that yourself? Good job bud, looks great.

Zamboniwaterboy, I see you are in Brantford, who and where are J and J marine?

Jim

http://www.jandjmarine.com/ Hagersville.