Brookies

Had a few hours to kill so went to my hidden pond in the forest near me, got to test out my new bike and do some nice jumps on it, scared some people walking, lol. I had a good 3-4 lb speck on for a little while until it broke off my 4 lb test and i could see it swimming around with my float, can't even imagine how annoying that is! It hit again after dozens of casts with a #3 spinner, unfortunately it didnt swallow it well and came off, however i did get my float back! Still has my $5 jig in its mouth though so i will be back later this week, to pick that back up, lol. After that i got tired of break ors and i only had 4 lb test, so i hit the tiny creek that flows into it to see if i could get some baby specks, well i managed some tiny little specks with my bud (compared to what I'm used to), all in all a good day but very disappointing, going back to using 8 lb test, they were taking worms/minnows as well as spinners but they seemed to like live bait better today, the tiny guys didn't really care as long as it moved, haha. Here are some pics:IMG_20140512_181130_zpsf559efdc.jpg[/urlIMG_20140510_180953_zps6d2e6367.jpg[/urlIMG_20140510_180946_zpsb4548598.jpg[/urlIMG_20140510_180350_zps06e7a43c.jpg[/urlIMG_20140510_180301_zps9c1426fb.jpg

Thanks, ya a nice little pond connecting to a stream that was years ago stocked with trophy size brookies by some research department, they just recently took the no-fishing signs off but its a little bike trail and no-one can imagine that theres fish in there, especially 4-5 pound brook trout! Everyone i tell doesn't believe me until i show them a pic of the big ones, then i decided to keep my mouth shut, lol, the people walking by almost fainted when they saw me pulling in a big speck that was peeling line and jumping out of the water, haha, it got off, i told them it was a catfish so they don't come back with 20 guys. I had my bud with me, wasn't having luck fishing so he was my camera man for the day!