Silly laws for tourism industry

Not sure I'll get up that way again---Although I have a good friend who is Chief up there at Wabaskang FN--I would like to visit again sometime

Funny where life takes ya---I left that area and ended up in Wayne's neck of the woods---I went to work as Maintenance Super at Kindred Ind in Midland---see really is a small world

FYI there used to be a great l'il fish N chips restaurant right in downtown Midland---small place but good grub

lol think i know the place. Pretty sure thats the place that id order Philly cheesesteaks from even though it wasn't on the menu. At least i think its the same place. That place in vermillion was awesome too, attached to the baitshop. Best chilli ever, served with homemade garlic bread and homemade tortilla chips. I miss that place lol. Funny story. A few big wigs came down to the mill. After work they wanted to fish. Somehow my name can up and i ended up guiding these two fellows on the English river. I had zero idea about the river haha. I'm not even sure where they got the boat lol. No electronics at all. Just winged it feeling obligated to show a good day fishing. Man was i scared/nervous. Turns out we just hammered walleye for the 4-5 hours we were out. They were so happy. If i remember correctly i think thats where I got the referral for the job in kelowna right before the buy out. Everyone in the mill shared a chuckle, cause they knew i didnt know the water at all, and these guys were just talking me up lol. Good memories Edited by manitoubass2

Ok---I was talkin Midland around southern Ontario

That restaurant in Vermillion bay was Braatlands--or "Busters restaurant"---they actually were a one time sponsor (tackle side) when I used to fish tourneys

Ok---I was talkin Midland around southern Ontario

That restaurant in Vermillion bay was Braatlands--or "Busters restaurant"---they actually were a one time sponsor (tackle side) when I used to fish tourneys

oh cool. Frig i wonder which place I'm thinking of then? I wanna head back there someday. Hard to remember, man i man did i put in the work hours back then. 4 on 4 off and i worked 3 of my days off with the mill rights and electricians. I'm thinking of a place in red lake now that i think about it. That highway is nuts, never seen so many moose in my life. You cant even get to the speed limit

When i worked for Weyerhaeuser they took all our suggestions too misfish. I worked alit with the mill rights addresses mechanical or electrical hazards. Man i miss working for that company. When they said safety first they actually meant it. I did catch some flack though when the CEO visited and i wrote him up on a lockout violation haha

I work in the mining industry in a surface plant. My superintendant has made some serious safety errors in front of contractors. As a result, it is heresay. I would LOVE to catch him doing something like that. He is not good a managing people.

Here at a certain steel mill in the hammer it's all about limiting company liability.. break one of their cardinal rules and you are fired.. problem with that is you need power to most machines in order for trouble shoot. That's breaking a cardinal rule... we have a procedure for everything including how to remove your safety glasses, making coffee, getting into a vehicle .never the companies fault if you get hurt.. some instances result in guys being sent for drug and alcohol testing .. yet when I send them a list of deficiencies they don't get attention.. companies based out of the state's tend to be afraid of lawsuits from their employees...