Catfish eats Basketball?????

Fisherpete

I was emailed this today from a friend, don't know what to make of it, but pretty cool regardless!!!!

"A guy who lives at Lake Conroe (50 miles north of Houston ) saw a ball bouncing around kind of strangely in the lake and went to investigate. It turned out to be a flathead catfish who had obviously tried to swallow a basketball which became stuck in its mouth!! The fish was totally exhausted from trying to dive, but unable to because the ball would always bring him back up to the surface. The guy tried numerous times to get the ball out, but was unsuccessful. He finally had his wife cut the ball in order to deflate it and release the hungry catfish. You probably wouldn't have believed this, if you hadn't seen the following pictures... "

1.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

Not sure if this is the same catfish as a couple of years ago in Kansas. Looks kinda the same, same thing happened there a big cat tried to eat a basketball and it had to be cut to get it out. Pretty wild none the less.

Not sure if this is the same catfish as a couple of years ago in Kansas. Looks kinda the same, same thing happened there a big cat tried to eat a basketball and it had to be cut to get it out. Pretty wild none the less.

Yep...the pics are the one from Kansas...

For anyone interested, the story was highlighted on Snopes.com.....a site that authenticates stories as real or fake....

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/catchfish.asp

I live a mile from the lake where this happened. (Residential lake) It happened in Wichita, Ks. Honestly, I thought it was a joke at first but it was all over around here. The paper, local and even some national news. Evidently, someone has put a differnet spin on this one.