Insane Video…man charged in crash (nf)

limeyangler

to confirm, yes, insurance companies use what is called "fault determination rules"....these do not follow the highway traffic act.

so hta and copper can say your "not at fault" while the fdr will place you at 100% at fault.

i don't agree with it one bit.

also, the insurance adjuster DOES NOT have to review any dashcam footage.....you'll likely have to hire a lawyer to get the insurance company to review any applicable footage.

They should look at the police report Bill, but to match the post above....... the lady that parked her car in the middle of the 6th and started walking home... and my son found the car in the white out. Police charged the lady and it's in the report... the insurance company from some magic "table" say he's at fault for hitting her from behind and have doubled his premiums already despite the fact they haven't even come to a settlement on his rode off car yet. As for a dash cam... in his case all you wouldn't have seen was white.. lol

If you can prove that there was no visibility to see the veh parked in front then your son should be able to get the fault overturned and coded as zero percent so it's not counted as an "at fault" claim on his insurance record. Escalate the situation to the insurance company's claims manager or ombudsman's office for fault review. Last recourse is in section 6 of the Ontario Auto Policy on what ya need to do if disagree with the fault ruled on the claim. Cheers.

Dash cam with separate hd 270 degree front and rear mounted cameras costs less than $100 on ebay (includes cost of a 32 gb micro sd card). I'd say it is worth it.

I have had one on my car for over a year and it came in handy once when someone reversed into me when stopped at a parking lot exit. He was sticking too far out into a live lane and decided that he wanted to reverse - only I had driven up behind him already. He didn't dispute reversing into me but then again easily could have said I hit him from behind.

I just got a second unit for my wife's car.