Orr Lake-Bass Lake

boddah

Orr lake is actually closer to Midland than Orillia ;) , now having said that, although I drive by it every day i go to work, I have never fished it, and I don't think there are any public launches but I'm not positive about that. Don't know anything about Bass lake sorry...

Maureen

nice little lake. Soft sand bottom with little to no structure. There is a boat launch on the far side of the lake that with some care can launch most boats. Lots of smallies in there with a few large mouth mixed in.

I found the weed bed on the opposite side of the lake from the launch to be most productive.

Bass Lake is a nice little lake on Hwy 12. There's a public access road on the north side where you could launch a small boat, and there's probably a launch at the provincial park that's on the southeast end. We launched a canoe from the beach on the east side of the lake.

Mix of smallies and largemouth, and lots of decent-sized panfish (crappie, perch, pumpkinseeds).

Though it's a small lake, there can be a lot of jetski and boat traffic on it (there are cottages all around) on weekends.

Mike