Audio Question NF

Headhunter

I have a question about hooking up a Sub-woofer to my main audio system. I have a Rotel Pre-Amp and Power Amp system, but the pre-amp does not have a "RCA" style out-put, specifically for a Sub. It has no sub-woofer outputs. It has four line outs, two of which are currently hooked directly to the main power amp.

My question, how would you recommend hooking a sub woofer to this system. I'm really trying to stay away from running speaker cables from the main Paradigms to the sub. My concern being, if I buy a cable that has stereo rca's on one end and a single rca plug at the other, will I be looking at "phase" problems in the low frequency ranges?

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks for the help!

HH

Thanks for the link DouG! Unfortunately, it doesn't cover my concern. My Pre-Amp does not have a sub-woofer line output. If it did, it would be a no brainer. It has left and right line outs and I'm wondering how to hook a sub woofer to both left and right outputs, without creating phase problems. My sub woofer will be powered!

Thanks for trying!

Anyone else?

HH

Edited by Headhunter

Try using just one (left or right) feed for your sub. Almost all low frequency stuff is common to both channels. I don't like tying amp outputs together, but not for phasing reasons, I don't think it's a good idea for the amp (or preamp).