radio static....NF

lew

I use a whole whack of T-8 fluorescent lights on 2 different switches to light my garage. I always have a radio playing when I'm out there and have never had an issue before but I just purchased a new radio and now get nothing but static when the garage lights are on.

Turn the lights off and the static goes away.

Just wondering if there's some type of filter that may get rid of the static or do I look for another type of radio ??

Thanks Bernie, it's one of those Dewalt jobsite radio's that run off 110 or an 18 volt cordless drill battery. Got a good deal on it and figured it'd be good to use in the garage or when when I go places where no power is available.

It's $200 at Home Depot and CTC had it on for $130

Oh well, good deals aren't always that good I spose. :lol:

Edited by lew

Yeah Bernie, I've got alot of Dewalt tools and their all good so that's why I figured the radio would be too. It's got excellent sound when the garage lights are off but it's tough working in the dark LOL

You'd think if the static is an ongoing problem Dewalt would do something about it.

Oh well, I'm heading into town this morning anyhoo so I'll just return it and get my money back.