PiranhaMax 175 PT - is there ice fishing adaptor?

hotsky

I have some Can tire gift cards that I want to put to use and finally get a fishfinder. Looking at PiranhaMax 175 portable but would really like something that I can use for ice fishing as well. (Cant justify getting a flasher since I only go ice fishing several to half dozen times a year, but once I'll start catching maybe I'll go more lol)

I never really used a fishfinder so dont know what I would need but thought I read about ice fishing transducer for these fishfinders.

btw it's either the 175PT or Lawrence X-4 portable. availability and price of the ice fishing accesories could be a deciding factor.

Edited by Gray_Wolf

I just got the PiranhaMax 175PT. Used it last Sunday for the first time and works fine.... Drilll a hole, drop it in and its done. Its my first finder and its easy to use, easy to read. Dont need an ice adapter(I think... I hope lol)

I never used anything else so I cant compare it to the X-4

Gray_Wolf of your 2 choices the Humminbird has twice the power, 4 times the levels of greyscale, dual beam transducer as opposed to a single beam on the X-4 and the biggest difference is the power source. The Lowrance uses 8 D cell batteries where the Humminbird uses a 12V rechargeable battery.

Both should have icefishing transducers available but can be used as purchased if you can keep the transducer is kept level under the ice.

Edited by Woodsman

The elite 4x is an awesome machine! Been using mine like a mad man and im insanely happy with it. Comes with ice ducer and transducer as well as suction mount and boat mounting accessories for $275. Cant speak on behalf of the other machine though

One of his choices was the Lowrance X-4 not 4X. Two completely different units.

You can easily use the stocked transducer and mount on something to stick it down the hole. Just need to get the transducer level and in the water, easy.

For the $200 you could get the lowrance elite 4x and make it portable. You can order those suction cups for the transducer or make something you can clamp on the boat and mount the unit head in something portable like in a small cooler bag.

Well alright went in to Can tire on my lunch and walked out with the 175PT fishfinder :D their price was $199.99 got them to price match down to $144!! Used $70 in gift cards and $20 free bonus for opening a store master card. Out of pocket price $73 and they gave me $6 in Can tire money lol

edit: awesome to know I dont have to have an adapter, will give it a try this weekend. :)

Edited by Gray_Wolf