Really?? Not sure... NF

TJQ

Just to play devil's advocate, in general, the reporting routine exists to curtail the less than ideal scenario of Joe Schmo at the side of the road playing Judge and executioner and deciding the chance of survival of an injured animal.

It is a slippery slope to poaching town. (It had a cough, wasn't gonna make it. Had to do it.)

It is also worth noting that nothing is wasted in Nature and Nature can be incredibly cruel when viewed through our prism. I doubt the animals and organisms that would be sustained by roadkill would see it as cruel.

Cheers,

Mark

The legalities are just way too much these days. If the man charged thought like the legal system that charged him he could claim the rock was owned by the government, and since they made no apparent attempt to stop his actions, the government is an accomplice in facilitating the 2nd degree murder of a presumed innocent bear. Ok i went too far but i got a chuckle.

We are all 'bleeding hearts' to a certain degree if we don't want to see an animal suffer.

As I said before, as a general rule, just don't kill anything with your hands/tools if you are in public. ...It's just one of those things you don't do... nobody cares if they don't see it, funny as that is.

Like I said, some people believe their emotions are more important than the welfare of the animal and would rather see an animal suffer a slow and agonizing death rather than seeing someone finish it off. I suspect the people crying about this issue believe that the meat they eat is made by a machine in the back of the grocery store.

I will not give in to the pussyfication of society and turn a blind eye if and when I see a mortally wounded animal in a public space.